General Conditions applicable to the whole of this insurance
We can’t insure you if:
- You have any unspent convictions (Not sure if your conviction is spent? Take a look here)
- You have had an insurance policy declined, cancelled or made void.
- You have been declared bankrupt or have had a County Court Judgement issued against you.
- You run a business from your property.
- Your property is listed.
- Your property is built of cob.
- Your property has any proportion of its roof thatched.
Failure to comply fully with any of the general conditions listed below will prejudice you in the event of a claim, which may result in your claim not being paid and your policy void.
- You must undertake a video call within 28 days of your policy start date or your policy will be cancelled.
- You must comply with all the terms and conditions of this policy. You must also take all responsible steps to prevent loss, damage or accidents and keep the home in a good state of repair. You must also take care to limit any loss, damage or injury.
- The home must be maintained in a good condition, good state of repair and be structurally sound throughout the period of insurance.
- You must inform us before you start any refurbishments, conversions, extensions or other structural works to the buildings or if there are any changes from those already disclosed to us.
- You must inform us when new items are to be covered by us under this policy by updating your vault.
Cooling Off Period
You may cancel your insurance provided you have not made a claim under such insurance by phoning buzzvault on 0203 318 4408 within 14 days of the policy start date or the date you receive full policy documentation. If you do cancel within such 14 day period, we will refund the full premium paid as long as no claims have been made.
Authority to Renew Condition
Where you pay the premium by direct debit or monthly payment if we are willing to continue providing cover and buzzvault advises you beforehand of our renewal terms, you authorise buzzvault to renew this policy, and any subsequent insurance on expiry, in accordance with our renewal terms at the time, unless you advise buzzvault otherwise before the renewal date.
Non-payment of premiums
We reserve the right to cancel this policy immediately on written notice in the event of non-payment of the premium or payment default if you are paying by instalments.
Payments by Direct Debit
If the premiums are paid monthly by direct debit these will be collected on the cover start date of the policy shown in the schedule and on the same day of each following month. If one or more instalments have been paid non-payment of a subsequent instalment we will cancel this policy with effect from the due date of the unpaid instalment.
Information You Have Given Us
If you believe you have made an error and would like to correct it before you purchase and are unable to do so, please drop us a message on email@example.com or call us between 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday on 0203 318 4408.
In deciding to accept this policy and in setting the terms including premium we have relied on the information which you have provided to us. You must take care when answering any questions we ask by ensuring that any information provided is accurate and complete.
If we establish that you deliberately or recklessly provided us with untrue or misleading information we will have the right to:
- treat this policy as if it never existed;
- decline all claims; and
- retain the premium.
If we establish that you carelessly provided us with untrue or misleading information we will have the right to:
- treat this policy as if it never existed, refuse to pay any claim and return the premium you have paid, if we would not have provided you with cover;
- treat this policy as if it had been entered into on different terms from those agreed, if we would have provided you with cover on different terms;
- reduce the amount we pay on any claim in the proportion that the premium you have paid bears to the premium we would have charged you, if we would have charged you more.
We will notify you in writing if (i), (ii) and/or (iii) apply.
If there is no outstanding claim and (ii) and/or (iii) apply, we will have the right to:
- give you fourteen (14) days’ notice that we are terminating this policy; or
- give you notice that we will treat this policy and any future claim in accordance with (ii) and/or (iii), in which case you may then give us fourteen (14) days’ notice that you are terminating this policy.
- If this policy is terminated in accordance with (1) or (2), we will refund any premium due to you in respect of the balance of the period of insurance.
If you, or anyone acting for you, makes a claim which is fraudulent and/or intentionally exaggerated and/or supported by a fraudulent statement or other device, we will not pay any part of your claim or any other claim you may make under this policy. In addition, we will have the right to:
- treat this policy as if it never existed, or at our option terminate this policy, without returning any premium that you have paid;
- refuse any other benefits from the date of the fraudulent act under this policy.
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 Clarification Clause
A person who is not a party to this insurance has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this insurance but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Law and Language Applicable to the Policy
Both you and we may choose the law applicable to this Insurance Contract. Unless specifically agreed to the contrary this insurance shall be subject to English Law.
The language used in this policy and any matters relating to it will be in English.